This crossword was created by Jenn Cosentino - 2004 with EclipseCrossword by Green Eclipse Software — www.eclipsecrossword.com
1. As an object falls freely in a ______ its total energy remains the same.
4. Elastic PE is the energy stored in a spring when it is____.
5. The energy an object has because of its motion is called ____ energy.
6. If the speed of an object is doubled , its KE will be_____.
9. 1 Joule is equal to ____ meter
11. Energy is measured in the same units as____.
12. Work is done when force____an object.
14. The heat gained by the cooler material is equal to the heat lost by the warmer material. (Law of conservation of _____ energy.
16. The unit of work is ________.
17. N/m is the unit for the____ ____.
20. Energy is found in many different____. (ex. heat, chemical)
22. Energy can be changed from one form ot another, but can not be _____.
24. The energy an object has owing to its position or condition is called ____ energy.
25. Energy can be changed from one form to another but can not be ______. (note. same hint as another word but there are 2 answers)
2. _____ energy is equal to the sum of the kinetic and potential energies of an object.
3. As the power of a machine increases, the time required to move an object a fixed distance____.
7. The PE of an object and its height above the ground have a(n) _____ relationship.
8. The energy in a closed system remains_____.
10. _____ Energy can be used to run an assortment of appliances.
13. When an object is lowered or raised , the force exerted by or against Earth's gravitational field is equal to the object's ____.
15. ____is the ability to do work.
18. A ball is thrown upward from the Earth's surface. While the ball is rising, its gravitational PE will_____.
19. Energy is a ____ quantity.
21. The unit of___is watts.
23. Elastic PE is also the energy stored in a spring when it is_____.